Adult Counselling & Therapy Services
We provide comprehensive assessment and treatment services for adults who are experiencing a variety of mental health concerns or issues.
We conduct psychological and psycho-social assessments. Depending upon the circumstances, our clinicians utilize a variety of methods to help understand an individual’s difficulties. This may include in-depth interviews, personality instruments and self-report measures.
Our clinicians are trained in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and Emotion Focused Therapy (EFT). We will also use other treatment approaches if we believe it would be of benefit. Our clinicians tailor treatment to each individual’s unique circumstances and needs.
We provide treatment services for a wide range of mental health problems, including:
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Treatment for First Responders
- Body Image and Eating Disorders
- Binge eating or over eating
- Body dysmorphia
- Pregnancy and Postpartum Issues
- Postpartum Depression
- Postpartum Anxiety
- Stress Management
- Self-Esteem and Confidence Issues
- Relationship Issues
- Anger Management
- Parenting Skills Training
- Grief and Loss
- Gender and Sexuality Issues
- Challenges common to gay, lesbian and bisexual people
- Transgender and transsexual issues
- Issues with gender identity
- Body dyphoria
Our clinicians can also assist with everyday problems like sleep problems, lifestyle issues, worrying or personal growth goals.
We believe in a holistic and coordinated approach to client care. When deemed appropriate, we work in collaboration with a client’s family physician, psychiatrist, social worker or physical aid therapist, to improve quality of care.