Adult Counselling & Therapy Services
We provide comprehensive assessment and treatment services for adults who are experiencing a variety of mental health concerns or issues.
We conduct psychological and psycho-social assessments. Depending upon the circumstances, our clinicians utilize a variety of methods to help understand an individual’s difficulties. This may include in-depth interviews, personality instruments and self-report measures.
Our clinicians are trained in a number of therapeutic modalities. Our clinicians tailor treatment to each individual’s unique circumstances and needs. Many of our clinicians are trained in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and/or Emotion Focused Therapy (EFT), both empirically validated treatment approaches.
We provide treatment services for a wide range of mental health problems, including:
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Treatment for First Responders
- Body Image and Eating Disorders
- Binge eating or over eating
- Body dysmorphia
- Pregnancy and Postpartum Issues
- Postpartum Depression
- Postpartum Anxiety
- Stress Management
- Self-Esteem and Confidence Issues
- Relationship Issues
- Anger Management
- Parenting Skills Training
- Grief and Loss
- Gender and Sexuality Issues
- Challenges common to gay, lesbian and bisexual people
- Transgender and transsexual issues
- Issues with gender identity
- Body dyphoria
Our clinicians can also assist with everyday problems like sleep problems, lifestyle issues, worrying or personal growth goals.
We believe in a holistic and coordinated approach to client care. When deemed appropriate, we work in collaboration with a client’s family physician, psychiatrist, social worker or physical aid therapist, to improve quality of care.