Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (aka ADHD or ADD)
ADHD is defined as a pattern of inattention and/or hyperactivity-impulsivity that negatively affects a child or teens everyday functioning or development.
Symptoms may include:
- Difficulty maintaining focus
- Problems with organization
- Impatient, restless or hyperactive
- Difficulties finishing tasks
- Difficulties following instructions
- Making careless mistakes
- Difficulties regulating emotions
These symptoms must be present in two or more settings (such as school and home) and must be present prior to the age of 12.
At The Therapy Centre we offer psycho-educational assessments to diagnose ADHD. We also provide therapy and coaching to parents and children to help them develop skills to manage their symptoms.