Couples and Family Therapy Services
Couples Therapy Services
Our clinicians offer an integrative approach with an emphasis on Emotion-Focused Therapy to couples who are experiencing difficulties in their relationships. They been extensively trained in this model, formulated by Dr. Sue Johnson and Les Greenberg, and are currently involved in ongoing training and supervision.
EFT has been validated by 20 years of empirical research and has been applied successfully to many different kinds of problems and populations. Emotion-Focused Therapy can help couples:
- To de-escalate tension and conflict.
- To identify and change a couples negative interactional cycle and communication patterns.
- To foster the creation of a secure bond between partners.
Family Therapy Services
We offer services to identify and treat a variety of family problems, including:
- Separation and Divorce Issues – excluding custody and access assessments and concerns
- Concerns of Blended Families
- Parenting Skills Training
- Relationship Difficulties
- Eating Disorders
The focus of family therapy is to improve family functioning as a system, to facilitate healthy communication and to develop skills to manage emotions in the family. We use evidence-based treatment to improve the overall functioning of the family unit. We recognize the complex interconnectedness of a family and its members and how each member can affect each other’s thoughts, feelings and actions. A systems approach to treatment is generally used to facilitate changes within the family unit.